This year’s Noosa International Food and Wine Festival will feature some of the world’s best chefs and winemakers and one of the great things about this festival is that there are lots of opportunities to meet them.
There’ll be cooking demonstrations by chefs such as Mark Best, Fergus Henderson, Alvin Leung, Davide Scabin, Ben Shewry, David Thompson and Seiji Yamamoto or, for a very special treat, join them for the Qantas Best Dinner In The World – a stellar, seven course degustation dinner with matching wines presented by Lisa Perotti-Brown, Master of Wine, and hosted by Matt Preston.
Festival highlights this year include:
- Maggie Beer and Simon Bryant combining forces with the Queensland Arts Orchestra along with Jane Rutter and Guy Noble, in The Cook, The Chef and The Orchestra for the Gala Concert and Dinner.
- Three inspirational women Stephanie Alexander, Nicki Reimer and winemaker Jane Ferrari discuss food wine and their colourful career paths at a special lunch.
- An expanded program of Hinterland Food Trails with lunch beside the orchard at Freestyle Escape accompanied by a string quartet and a mini farmers market.
- The Village Wine Marquee featuring some of Australia’s best wine maestros presenting tastings and sharing their extensive wine knowledge.
- The International Riverside Marquee showcasing three picnic lunches over three days presented by Australia’s foremost specialty chefs celebrating France, Italy and Asia.
Add a series of Lifestyle Lunches celebrating Queensland produce, MasterChefs and wine, a two-day Culinary Exhibition and a series of restaurant Food Kiosks plus the Life Annex for all things food and travel; with talks from top chefs, food maestros and writers.
In the Food Critics Cooking Competition, food critics from around the country will be put to the stove test and judged by the audience.
Jessica Mauboy, Anthony Callea, Jane Rutter and Sneaky Sound System are some of the entertainers joining international chefs and wine makers for the festival.
General Admission Tickets are $65 (adult) or $20 (child under 13) which covers general admission to the Welcome Party & Concert on Friday and general admission on Saturday and Sunday to Lion’s Park, The Grand Marquee, Celebrity Chef Cooking Demonstrations, The Courier Mail Life Annexe and live entertainment. General Admission also includes two tickets for food or wine.
The best way to experience the Festival is with a Weekend Gold Pass which costs $315 and includes VIP Admission for Friday’s Welcome Cocktail Party, Saturday and Sunday with entry to hospitality pavilions and preferential concert seating.
Visit www.noosafoodandwine.com.au for online ticket bookings or call (07) 5455 4455.